1756-EN2TR + DLR connection

alexbeatle

Hello folks,

I'm trying to understand what's happening....

Once every so often (sporadically) I loose the connection to all of my devices on the DLR (all show explanation point in Studio5000). When this happens, I see that the EN2TR internal state = unconnected. If I Reset Module and Refresh, the comms are restored and the internal state = Run Mode.

I have static IPs on all devices set via Studio5000 or on the devices themselves (e.g. DIP switches).

Any suggestions on troubleshooting, please?

Thanks in advance.

net_layout.png

- Hi there, which devices are configured as DLR supervisors?
- Do you have any device with the Ethernet port set to a fixed baud rate? it is recommended that they all be in automatic baud rate recognition mode.
- What is the part number of the device to the top-left side of the drawing that does not have a part number?

- Hi there, which devices are configured as DLR supervisors?
- Do you have any device with the Ethernet port set to a fixed baud rate? it is recommended that they all be in automatic baud rate recognition mode.
- What is the part number of the device to the top-left side of the drawing that does not have a part number?

Only EN2TR is the supervisor.

All devices as set to auto-baud, auto-negotiation

Top-left side goes to the local switch network switch N-Tron.

Can you try using RSLinx to get from the DLR supervisor the information on the last DLR node that failed? Also, you can download the DLR tool from Rockwell site. This can show graphically where a DLR node failed.

Can you try using RSLinx to get from the DLR supervisor the information on the last DLR node that failed? Also, you can download the DLR tool from Rockwell site. This can show graphically where a DLR node failed.

This is what I'm seeing even when the DLR is talking..o_O Don't see other nodes.
I only found DLR Tool v1.0, not sure if it's compatible with the v32 of the CPU I'm running.

dlr_snip.png

You need to have RSLinx connected to the system directly through EtherNet/IP. it does not work properly over USB. Tomorrow I will go to the office and get you a screenshot. I do not have the system running now and I cannot send you screenshots.

Hello alexbeatle, I want to add some information that may be relevant for you. One of our main line of business is helping field device makers develop EtherNet/IP adapter functionalities to their devices, and we have a library for certain system-on-chip which internal micro switch, which if configured correctly, can support DLR node functionality. We are currently testing a new version of this chip and the DLR function is not quite working at the moment, and what a suprise I had that I hooked this beta version of our device and I got the very same kind of display from the DLR Tool as the one you shows in your post above. So, my preliminary conclusion is that for the Rockwell DLR Tool to work properly, all the DLR components must have proper implementation of the DLR functionality.
If any of the devices you are using is a third-party EtherNet/IP adapter and it is possible to disconnect it from the network, I would advice you try to do that to see if one more of the devices are not fully DLR compliant. You do not seem to have any non-Rockwell device, which should be the first suspects. In my environment I have the ETAP (v 2.2) and the 5069-AENTR/A version 4.12, so check if yours have older versions of their firmware. Maybe it would be interesting, if possible, to disconnect only the GuardLogix devices and see what happens, and then disconnect the non-guardLogix armour to see if there is any difference. This tool is extremely useful of you manage to make it work properly. Also, remember, if you connect RSLinx through the USB cable the DLR tool will not work. It seems the USB driver for RSLinx does not route properly all the CIP messages that the DLR tool needs. Hope this helps.