Slc 500- 1747 hsce wiring issue

sinanmoral

Hello,

First I looked at Manuel and Plctalk but I did not find or maybe not understand.

How I can connect ''HTL / Push pull-24 volt encoder'' to the terminal of 1746-HSCE?

Encoder Model; DFV60B-22EZ0-S01- Sick..... (there are just 5 pins= 2 pins for Powers +Others A,B,Z)

Also, I see '' Ls,Com, Ls (5VDC),Ls(12 VDC) and Ls( 24vdc)'' on 1746-HSCE modul.

What is for them?

Can I connect '' A, B, Z pins of the encoder(HTL)'' to directly A, B, Z of 1746-HSCE?

The title is wrong and will be 1746 hsce

thanks in advance

Last edited:
JaxGTO,

Thank you for your answer but these dip switches are for output. Not for A,B,Z

Below copied from Manuel...

'' Dip Switch and Jumper
Locations

• SW2 selects the output voltage range (4.5-10V dc or 10-30V dc). ''

Any comment appreciated in advance.

Check page 3-2 about using pull-up resistors for using 24vdc encoders.
Single-Ended Encoder Wiring (Open Collector)

Or page 3-14 for
Single-Ended Wiring (Discrete Devices)

Be careful about connecting encoders to the HSCE, the inputs are typically 5v, some encoders will only work at higher voltages, there is a part in the manual what size resistors to fit should higher voltage encoders be fitted. do not get confused about LS & outputs as these can be configured at different voltages, I know someone who did not realise the voltage variations on some encoders cost them a couple of cards.