Move activation from dongle to pc

Abn

Hi, I have several activation on a dongle.(Rslogix 5,500,5000,).
I would like to move the activation only for the Rslogix 5 from the dongle to a pc where i have other activations for 5000 and studio 5000.

any idea how to do it.

Thanks

What style "dongle" an actual hardware piece from rockewell or a USB network stick you move from terminal to terminal? The latter would be nodelocked and you should just be able to rehost to a hard drive ID or the PCs built in network card.

The former, I couldn't tell ya. You can contact rockwell to find out. Activation questions/issues are free.

If it's a FactoryTalk HASP dongle open FTAM, then select Rehost Activation

Select the RSL5 one and then send it back to Rockwell's server.

Then open FTAM on the target computer and Get New Activation and it will guide you through the steps

The safest way is to contact tech support activations the can get you through it.

But thus begs the questions Why, you can move the dongle to any computer you need
You only need the dongle to open Logix program nd open your project

If it's a FactoryTalk HASP dongle open FTAM, then select Rehost Activation

Select the RSL5 one and then send it back to Rockwell's server.

Then open FTAM on the target computer and Get New Activation and it will guide you through the steps

I was doing that but it gives the warning that you will need the product key when installing in another PC and I don't have that....this is an old laptop, the Rslogix 5 was installed many years ago and nobody can find the info. I was hoping there was a way to do it but it seems I will have to contact rockwell.

The safest way is to contact tech support activations the can get you through it.

But thus begs the questions Why, you can move the dongle to any computer you need
You only need the dongle to open Logix program nd open your project

I tried that. I installed Rslogix 5 but when plug in the dongle it doesn't recognize it.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I was doing that but it gives the warning that you will need the product key when installing in another PC and I don't have that....this is an old laptop, the Rslogix 5 was installed many years ago and nobody can find the info. I was hoping there was a way to do it but it seems I will have to contact rockwell.

I've never had an issue with Rockwell helping when I don't have the product key. Takes them just a minute and they provide the information over the phone and usually email it to me also.

I've never had an issue with Rockwell helping when I don't have the product key. Takes them just a minute and they provide the information over the phone and usually email it to me also.

Thanks for the help. I will contact them.