Task Manager PB

Jonny1493

Plant is currently asking for PB that will open up the task manager. I'm currently able to open the notepad with "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe"

I've tried differenet variations of taskmanager instead of ntoepad but can't figure it out.

It's still isn't working thanks for your assistance thugh, i'm sure its still a step in the right direction. I'm prompted with a failed to start C:\Windows\System32\Taskmgr.exe

The company wants to have the ability to open the taskmanager directly from the HMI. There isn't an on screen keyboard that will be open at the same time as the .mer file. I will continue digging into the admin rights

same as me. I knew about ctl-alt-del and click tskmgr, so I just googled [task mgr key sequence] on the off chance it was a thing.

I have always right clicked on the task bar (bar with start menu), the opened it from that context menu. Now I have a new way!

Whiskey.Tango.Foxtrot

I've been windows-ing since 3.11, how did I not know this?

You and me both !!!

Why is it not a published shortcut ?

Anyone know of any other "hidden" keyboard shortcuts ?

What about one to open Control Panel ?

You mentioned an on-screen keyboard and a *.MER file, which suggests that you are using a touchscreen and FactoryTak View ME.

You're also referring to the ordinary path to the Task Manager on the C: drive with Windows.

Are you running FactoryTalk View ME on a PanelView Plus hardware, or an ordinary Windows 7 or Windows 10 PC ?

Do you have a physical keyboard attached that will let you use Control-Alt-Escape ?

In my quick-and-dirty test running FactoryTalk View ME 11 on Windows 7 32-bit, I was able to click a Program Launcher ActiveX button with just the string "C:\Windows\System32\Taskmgr.exe" as the Program Location, and the Task Manager appeared.

I haven't done this on Windows CE, like the PanelView Plus terminal. If that's your hardware, post some details about the terminal's age and generation (PV+6, PV+7, FTView ME revision, etc).

You and me both !!!

Why is it not a published shortcut ?

Anyone know of any other "hidden" keyboard shortcuts ?

What about one to open Control Panel ?

Its one of the two need to know three finger salutes. ;) ex-IT guy here.. known it a long time. Very helpful when windows goes on a cocaine bender and doesn't want to listen to mouse commands and you need to find what is choking the system. There isn't a keyboard command to Control Panel unfortunately. Its funny how many people are stunned when the task manager pops up without any mouse action... "How'd you do that?" they ask with a mystified look.. MAGIC! ;)

WinKey..
+D = Minimize all, show desktop.
+L = Lock Terminal
+E = File Explorer.
+P = Project (Multi Monitor mode selections)
+X = System menu.

Pretty much only use CSE, D and L. Sometimes X to get to event viewer, etc.

There are more but of the available ones those are the most useful.

Other useful shortcuts used during college days, still useful today with the work I do. I got tired from copying and pasting it from google.

Alt+0177 --> ±
Alt+0248 --> ø
Alt+248 --> °