Communicating from PC to ultra 3000 servo drives

DUNK

What type of cable do I need in order to communicate from a PC to an Ultra 3000 servo drive?? I am using Ultraware programming software.

thanks,

DUNK

It is a standard serial cable (5 pin) with pins 2,3, and 5 used. Basically, it is 5-5 and either 2-2,3-3 or 2-3, 3-2. A-B has it for sale or you could make your own with RadioShack parts.

Thanks pimpim,
I couldnt find my manual for this drive and when I tried to download it from AB my reader would crash. Seems to work well from this other pc. You have solved my problem.

Thanks Again!

Hi pimpim32 and DUNK.
I am new to communication in this type of driver, I have a question.
The cable they use is UBS to RS232 with the configuration on the pins or it has to be RS232 to RS232

Think maybe it will work

Long time since I did not use these. Even I do not remember the cable type :)
Anyway what I do remember is that usually if they say RS232-RS232 mostly this is the right configuration, and you will need a laptop with PCMCIA or even better a RS232 port to connect for sure. Good luck with that.
However a USB-RS232 might work as well, worth to give it a try. Just get a good emulator one, not a cheapo type from Ebay.