Wincc flex 2005 to flex 2007 warning

Siemon

Hi all
Beware of this if you upgrade from Wincc flex 2005 to flex 2007!

Or is it just me?
After upgrading to 2007 you must do a "OS update" on a old panel
to be able to download. Did that before with no problem but this time all recipies stored on the panel (OP 270 ,10inch) were lost
without warning. So DO A BACKUP ,Recipie and password first.

Or is it just me?

I had a "newish" backup so I am ok.

by
Siemon

After you do a upgrade to 2007 you will have to do a OS Update
and when you do a OS UPDATE you will lose all your data on you HMI Panel. Your HMI will be formated and OS reinstalled and all you setting will resort to default settings.
It will be like you have a new HMI out of the box.
So it will be wise to backup every thing and make sure of all your settings.

But I had no problems to upgrade to 2007 works fine!
Regards

Last edited:
I dont remember losing any Data records the last time I did a OS update but I must remember it wrong.
Still I think a warning is justified.
Wincc is working fine otherwise.

I received mine but I havent installed it or dug in to all the new features.
The authorization keys are on a USB stick now (it came with my update) and I have also
heard the project is smaller now. Maybe it will fit on an MMC card now.

The authorization keys are on a USB stick now (it came with my update)

Thats cool I can't wait to open mine up. I did get it on Friday but didn't have time to install so I never opened it. Im sure the USB stick would be big enough for all the keys. That should be handy.

Maybe it will fit on an MMC card now.

I think Siemens is really trying to get things smaller to run on the little shoe box PC's without hard drives. I know they have them that have WinAC and WinCC Flexible RT on them. I just don't think they have enough room for much of anything else because they don't have hard drives. Maybe in a few years.

CharlesM said:
Im sure the USB stick would be big enough for all the keys. That should be handy.

Yes it is big enough, sad thing it can only store Floating licenses.

Now back on topic:
Every new version, every SP requires an OS-Update. This update will result in total loss of data. Licenses must be retrieved before updating, passwords/recipes need to be backed up before updating. Every piece of non default data needs to be backed up.
If not, then you will lose it.

Jeebs said:
Yes it is big enough, sad thing it can only store Floating licenses.

Wrong- It can be used as a normal USB stick. I just tried it.
They are 128 meg.
What are you referring to?

Last edited: