Starter connect to mm440 by tcp/ip

dis

:geek:hi everyone,

IN http://support.automation.siemens.com/ said pc can connect to mm440 by routing ethernet.
my system include cpu 414-3 dp,cp443-1,mm440,scalance x208.
pc connect to cp443-1,mm440 connect to cpu414-3 by profibus.

all the configration is same with that document in simens.com
i download it to the cpu414-3,and put it to run. cpu'run led is steady green and mm440 flash green. so i think the communication is ok.

when i want to use starter software to online mm440,but it display"connect to the target system is not possible",the reason is:
You cannot reach your target device from Connect with target system and do not come online.
Check the following settings:

PG/PC interface--i download the project by it,so i think is no problem
Bus address of the devices--the communication is ok,so i think is no problem
Firmware version of the devices--E02/2.11,i set 2.1x in starter software,so i think it is no problem

i try it more times,it cannot always.

who know the reason?

can you tell me?

thank you very much!

by programming,i can operate the motor .but it aslo not see the parameter through starter software by routing ethernet.

hi jesper,i do according to it also,and enable routing.but cann't connect to MM440 by routing ethernet.

dis

In your hardware configuration (in Step7)on the drives, is there a small red triangle at the bottom right hand side?

This means you are using the DriveES profile- see it??

hi jrw,your mean is on the drive symbol? there is not a red triangle.

i add it through by profibus dp->simovert->mm4->PPO1.

it must use drive es software? the starter software is a part of it.

J is right.
You must have DrivesES installed.
You must use a DrivesES drive object in the cpu's hardware configuration.

reference: http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/22794082

Here is what one that works looks like.
In the first picture you will see the little red triangle at the bottom right corner of each drive to indicate it is a DrivesES object.

In the second picture you will see the NetPro configuration where the yellow arrow on the PG/PC interface is present.

Tip: When you add the PG/PC interface in Simatic Manager, follow the instructions in the http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/22794082
page.
When you first assign the interface you have to add it first - add the interface. That is often overlooked. This is what "connects" the PG/PC icon to the Industrial Ethernet network with a green line. So first you have to connect it.

After your PG/PC interface is connected with the green line, right-click it and assign the interface. If you stand on one leg and pat your head while you click your mouse, you will get the yellow high-lited line. Only after you get this will you connect to a Profibus drive via Ethernet through the CPU.

The attached screenshots are for a customer in a remote state that I use VPN to connect to the CPU via ethernet, and then use Starter to access all those drives. When it works - it works.

thanks all of you. i will install drive es software and try it again.

the following is the screen about hardware,pls see.

thanks JRW and Paul B,i have completed it successfully. the root cause is the drive ES profile.
thank you again.