Siemens TIA HMI Download Problems

b-stack

Hi Folks,

Some help badly needed Im new to the HMI programming world.

Setup is a TP1900 Comfort HMI
TIA Version 13

So I have a HMI project which I am trying to download to but only having limited success.

The computer settings are as follows
PC/PG Interface is set for the only ethernet card in my laptop
Ethernet config 10.50.1.63
HMI Config 10.50.1.3

Now my issue is I can download via the Ethernet option.

But when I go to Online the Ethernet option is not available. thus I cannot monitor

Only options available are PN/IE & TeleService.

Not too sure as to what either of these are but they are not ethernet

Any Ideas??

Thanks in advance!

PGPC Interface Settings.png LAN Connection.png HMI LAN.jpg

I've never tried going online with an HMI. I'm not sure it is possible.

What are you hoping to monitor?

I have tried the PN/IE but still no luck

Do I need to network the PN/IE connection somehow??

Reasons for going online MK42 would be to upload a program from an existing HMI

Backups from HMIs can be made using Simatic Prosave, the resulting file however is not editable.
There's an option in Wincc flexible to enable backtransfer, this makes editable uploads from HMIs possible.
I personally haven't found this option yet in TIA.

Thanks DCP325, I can backup the file using the Profinet connection through the ProSave utility. But still no download/upload capabilities through the PNIE

Going online with a CPU is possible, however going online with a HMI isn't.
It gets confusing because in TIA you could actually select the HMI and the "Go online" button isn't greyed out.

Selecting the HMI and clicking on the download button should give you the following menu where you should be able to download to the HMI.

TIA DOWNLOAD HMI.jpg

You are correct going online isnt a possibility with the HMI but enabling profinet comms should not be an issue if the ethernet is up and running.

My final aim here will be to have a PLC connected to this setup where I will need to go online.

When I select the PN/IE option it also makes me select the "Connection to Interface/subnet" option which I select try all available ports. (I do have a couple of more options than you have). After the search it returns with 0 device found in subnet.

If I select the Ethernet option it establishes the connection automatically

One other thing I find unusual is that my Profinet and Ethernet have the same IP but I have put this down to the fact that they are using the same port

I have been in contact with tech support & other things which I have done.

Enabling Profinet IO on HMI Panel
Enabling the PN/IE in the HMI's control panel.

There is a confusion here between Ethernet and Profinet.
The interface is called PN/IE, but the connection method between the PC and the TP1900, and also between the PLC and TP1900 is not by Profinet, but by regular Ethernet.

You write that you have enabled Profinet IO on the HMI panel. That should only be necessary if you have direct keys that have to be tied to IO addresses in the Proces Image of a Profinet IO Controller. You probably dont need that.

I have had most success with using the "PN/IE" access point, rather than the "Ethernet" access point. I have no idea why that is so. Then again, I dont care as long as it works.

I think you wont have any problems with the connection btw. the TP1900 and the PLC. Only the IP addresses must be set as they are in reality on the panel and in the PLC.

Thanks for the reply Jesper,

My concern now is that when my physical PLC for testing arrives that it will not be able to connect up via the ethernet option but I will have to wait and see

Also there is a more features for PNIE in TIA than Ethernet

Well folks I have obtained a Siemens 317 CPU unit.

I am having issues establishing a connection between the HMI and the PLC.

The PLC is programmed on Simatic V5.5 on a virtual machine. Which I can download to and go online

The HMI is programmed on TIA V13 running on my laptop I have setup a device proxy in order to allow the connection of a Simatic V5.5 PLC

When I try to connect the HMI to the PLC in TIA it does not show up.

Is there some networking in Simatic to be setup apart from the Ethernet as there is no option to install a TP1900 panel there

You don't need to specify a hmi device in simatic manager, just remember to enable ethernet on the cpu.

One of our customers wanted a 315 PN/DP programmed in simatic manager to communicate with a KTP600.
Import the CPU and program in TIA and configure the connection between the HMI and the CPU in TIA. After configuring the connection just redownload the HMI and the connection between CPU and HMI should be working.