sew drive control bits

seee

hello.

i want to use a sew drive model: mdx61b dfp21 to control an axis using profibus s7-300. i know how to configure the drive in s7 hw configuration but don't know what is function of each bit in
control word 1 or status word 1 and etc.
could you please tell me function of each bit in control or status words?

best regards.

It depends on the function selected in the SEW.

Download MOVITOOLS-MotionStudio from SEW. It's freeware.
-Create a project.
-Configure a unit.
-Perform a 'Start-up'. This involves selecting the motor, etc. This can be done offline.
-Select the Application Module you are going to use.
-Click 'Next' all the way until you get to 'Download'. If in offline mode, it will download to a simulator.
-Click 'Download', then 'Next'. It will ask if you want to open the commisioning window, click 'Yes'/'OK'.

In this commisioning window you will see the Control/Status words for the selected Application Module.
As you can see in the screenshots provided, these words differ depending on the module selected.

You will also notice a few bits having the discription 'Reserved'. This is because different combinations of bits active will set the drive in different modes.
To discover the possible modes and which bits are needed for which mode, you can click on 'Control' and then click on the different 'LEDs' to 'enable' the bits.

Example:
For extended positioning with fieldbus, you have 2 bits.
With these 2 bits you can have 4 unique modes:
00 - No Operation
01 - Reference mode
10 - JOG mode
11 - Positioning

Final word on bit order:
The bit order in the status/control word are:
15 ........................................... 0 (as they are displayed in the screenshots)
DBX0.7 .. DBX0.0 - DBX1.7 .. DBX1.0

SEW_App_Modules.PNG SEW_Extended_Pos.jpg SEW_Modulo.jpg SEW_Table_Pos.jpg

hello.
thanks a lot for your replies.
Is it possible to control movidrive b in speed-position mode?
I mean that for example move motor with speed 100rpm to x position in cw direction then move with speed 50rpm to y position in ccw direcion and this movements be repeated.
thanks.