FactoryTalk SE animation issue

stretch_af

I'm building a new screen for our distributed SE app release 11. I am linking info from 2 new processors in our plant. Both new processors are running version 32. One ControlLogix, one CompactLogix. I can't get animations from those two PLCs to work. Animations from other PLCs work great. The new screen uses buttons that toggle bits in the new PLCs, so I know the connections are working.

Is there something with ver32 that animations don't like? Or just a coincidence?o_O

Nothing has changed to affect animations. We need to figure out if this is a communications issue or an expression issue.

EDIT: after reading more thoroughly, it sounds like your comms are good. That leaves the expression itself.

"I can't get animations from those two PLCs to work."

That doesn't give us a lot to go on. Are you getting an error in the diagnostic list?

Screenshots help a lot here. If we can see your animation expression we may be able to offer more specific help.

OG

Last edited:
I am using the tag browser to select my tag, I am online with the PLC to verify the bit is high, still doesn't turn green as it should. If I replace the tag with a bit from a PLC5 on the network, the animation works as is should. (Yes, we have a PLC5 on our ethernet network...) So my object is set up properly. Alas, it doesn't work.

Ok so if no picture, how about describing the config settings on the animation screen. My guess is the tag is the issue, but without any info it is just a guess.

OG

Late reply, busy with more pertinent projects...

I got it working. I had to utilize IF THEN ELSE in an expression with my tag. In the past, I've always just used the tag by itself to get animations to work.
:confused:

Thanks
Justin

Animation snip.PNG

Ok I see erratic results using both expression methods. The If-Then-Else really shouldn't be necessary. Here is an alternative option though.

Don't add separate color animation to a button.

If you really want the appearance to be red and green though, make that part of the button configuration. The button has an Up Appearance and a Down Appearance. Change the background color to red for the Up Appearance and change it to green for the Down Appearance.

OG

I'm changing the color of a object, not a button. My object is a motor/pump from the symbol factory. I wanted it to turn green when it was running, stay its default colors when not. I've done it before, and it has always worked fine until this week.