Invertek Optidrive P2 via Ethernet/IP to ControlLogix

drshanester

Are there any documents that describe how to read/write (control) Invertek VFDs via Ethernet/IP from a ControlLogix PLC? If there are AOP (add-on profiles) for these drives, I have not been able to find them.

1. I have the advanced user manual for the drive that provides the "A2h" table, but I am not sure how to MSG the drive.
2. I found the EDS file for the Ethernet/IP option module (HMS Anybus....)
3. I have created the module in RSLogix 5000, but the module does not connect successfully (it tries, but then faults).
4. I found the OptiTools Studio app, but the "Scan Network" function does not see the drive even though I can ping it. (I want to update the firmware because the release note says the latest version adds Rockwell "Generic Device Profile" support.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I managed to get the L61S controller to connect to the drive by upgrading the firmware of the 1756-ENBT (ethernet bridge module in the ControlLogix PLC, was 4, upgraded to rev 6). Works very well, now.