FTView SE missing tags from tag selection box

cardosocea

Hello,

I've spent this afternoon scratching my head trying to understand what is going on with my FTView installation.

Essentially, I have a global object used in several screens that I wanted to replicate for an additional 3 temperature transmitters.

The global object takes in a PLC tag for the live value and then there's a folder with alarm texts, units and tag description. I duplicated the first folder from another and then selected it in the object on the page and it worked a treat. I then repeated the same for all the other tags, creating folders and configuring the internal tags for each.

However, when I right click on the object and go to "Global Object Parameter Values" and click on the "..." to open up the tag chooser, I can't see any of the tag folders I created after the first.

I went back and forwards from this selection box and the actual tag list in FTView and the tag folders and tags exist in the tag list from the tree structure, but I can't seem to select it.

Has anyone had this issue before?

The Tag Browser window is notorious for not showing items that have been added recently.

Right-click on the topmost folder and select Refresh All Folders. See if your tags and folders show up after that.

OG

I assumed this was the case and have clicked on the refresh all folders button, left FTView Studio and started it up again and even right clicked on the folder and pressed refresh.

I had another look and it's odd as the image I created does make use of the only tag used to connect to the PLC, but all the memory tags aren't picked up by the system.