Using Parameter Files in FactoryTalk View Studio

jrsnydley

Hey everyone, I want to make a faceplate in FactoryTalk View Studio and use parameters. Is there a way to provide feedback as to what file parameter file is currently active? Write a value to a tag perhaps? The faceplate will have a clear button on it. I would like to use one tag and clear the information based on which parameter file is currently being viewed. Is that possible?

In your parameter file add another entry that points to an internal memory tag. Change the tag (ParamFile1) for each parameter file.

Example:
#5 = ParamFile1

Create a different memory tag for each parameter file. I use an analog tag but you could use a string if you want to display a text string. Enter a unique default value/string for each tag. Then display (#5) on-screen using a numeric or string display so you know which parameter file is loaded.

There is a way to just use a single tag and macros. It gets a bit more involved where this is really ease to do.

OG

Thanks for the reply. If that value were an internal memory tag it could not be monitored in the PLC though right?

What I was thinking was using the screen number (Replace Display Number) and the parameter file identifier to clear certain data. See attached image for example.

I am just not sure how to write the current parameter file to the identifier tag. Are the parameter file place holders read-only or can a value be written to them?

Capture.JPG