Factory reset 1756-L62S

uminded

I purchased some re-claimed racks with L62S/B and partner controllers. The safety is locked and I can not download or re-flash without the password. I removed the battery on both cards and set them overnight with no success.

Is there a way to completely wipe the memory? I want a fresh controller to use for a future project.

From the manual:
> You cannot reset ownership when there are pending edits to the module
properties, when a safety task signature exists, or when safety-locked.

Any idea how to reset to out-of-the-box condition with the safety lock?

From the manual:
> You cannot reset ownership when there are pending edits to the module
properties, when a safety task signature exists, or when safety-locked.

Any idea how to reset to out-of-the-box condition with the safety lock?

Pending edits shouldn't be an issue.

But you should always be able to Flash the controllers back to default factory settings, completely erasing any previous security configuration.

I cannot think of any scenario where flashing the modules could have any (previous app and data) security issues.

Put key in Prog and you should be able to flash the processor. This is the only way to recover as far as I know.
Also for this processor disconnect the battery then power it on for 20 seconds and back off.
Simple battery disconnect will not do anything.

Put key in Prog and you should be able to flash the processor. This is the only way to recover as far as I know.
Also for this processor disconnect the battery then power it on for 20 seconds and back off.
Simple battery disconnect will not do anything.

Both of these together was the secret sauce! Just putting the key in PROG ControlFLASH wanted the unlock password. Doing the no battery boot and then PROG worked perfectly.

Had me worried there for a minute though, now I can get back to my project Monday without this one stress at least.

Thanks!

You need to do only one of two suggestions, both will equally clear program memory completely, including safety lock.