Disabling UDT member in Ignition using expression

I'm working with Ignition 8.0.7 and am trying to enable/disable certain UDT members based on what PLC the UDT is originating from.

I have a parameter called {PLC_NAME} and I'm trying to evaluate a true/false expression in the "enabled" property of a UDT's member.

It seems no matter what I do, I can't use an expression to disable a member.

I've tried the following

if( ( {PLC_NAME}==name1), 1, 0)
if( tostring({PLC_NAME})==name1), 1,0))
if( tostring({PLC_NAME})="name1"), 1, 0)

Just to see if I could get the enabled functionality to even toggle, I tried:
if(1,0,0) which should disable the member regardless. However that gave me "error committing edit value"

I received the same error when I tried if(true,false,false)

Does Ignition not allow expressions to define when a member is enabled or disabled?

From Ignitions Forum

Tag properties (with the exception of certain alarm properties) can’t use expression bindings, only bindings to UDT parameters. The reason the editor is there is in case someone wants to make a parameter reference using an offset, such as {someparam+1}. The editor is confusing in that it uses syntax highlighting for expression functions, and we have an outstanding ticket in our system to revamp that editor page to make it more clear that expressions aren’t allowed.

I hope that helps

If Chris' post is correct, perhaps you could within your UDT create an expression BOOL tag, and put the expression in there. Then bind your enabled tag property to that expression tag?