Let's Crash Rockwell - Studio5K Version 33

The Tech Connect contract can be separate or can be included in your software subscription. Do you have a Annual Software subscription or do you have a perpetual license and a separate tech connect contract?

Everything on Version 33 was basically hardware support right? there was almost no new features to Studio 5000 itself to really speak of.

One nice thing about v33 is it runs in Windows10.

No compatibility for Vista SP2 or Run as Admin needed.

Same for RSLinx 4.20 bundled with it. - But put RSLinx 4.20 on 3 computers so far and on one of them (my main desktop, of course) it wiped all the drivers - first time I have ever had to Restore the drivers after an install of any version of RSLinx.

Just to move farther away from Windows 7 (corporate directive), just last weekend, I spun up a brand new, Windows 10 VM, for my Rockwell stuff. Logix and Networx only so far, but versions 16, 19, 20, and 24-32 all installed and run with no issues at all. No compatibility settings needed.

That said, Not a whole lot interesting in that video, it was just an ad blurb, with virtually no information except for Redundancy on the newer processors.

I was told by Tech Support that V12 of Studio and v33 of logix was clean up mode, minimal new features, mostly major bug corrections.
I can believe it. V33 seems much smoother and more polished.

Still waiting on Dark Mode though. ugh maybe by 2030 :rolleyes:

I won't start another rant about everything else it lacks.