Yaskawa V1000 VFD - How to read parameters vis Modbus

Saulo35

Hi,

I have several Yaskawa V1000 VFDs connected via Serial Modbus to Opto22 serial modules. Everything is sort of working. I was able to set frequency references, start and stop motors, etc.

What I would like to do is to read VFD parameters. The manual "SIEP C710606 18F YASKAWA AC Drive – V1000 Technical Manual", Appendix C, states parameters can be read and written, under C.6, "Observing Drive Operations". However I am unable to find how to request the value of a particular parameter.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

I have not done this yet but very soon on Yaskawa E7 drive. I reviewed the manual. Your manual has very detailed specifics.

Look at V1000 manual page C-9 shows this

from what I found in manual you do the modbus read function code 03H, you can read multiple registers but they have to be consecutive. the data content in registers is separated into 8 higher bits and 8 lower bits for each register.

command message must include:
slave address: example 02H
function code:03H
start address
quantity
crc-16

Thank you AkaHammer, you are right and I am already reading data from the VFDs such as "Drive Status 1" (0020H) and Output Current (0026H). What I don't know is how to read parameters. For instance, parameter H5-02 (Communication Speed Selection), where is it? What register is in? Or how do I ask the VFD to "send" me the value for that parameter?