Rehosting license _Rs linx 4.10

rejoe.koshy

Hey guys,
I have Rs Linx 4.10 (single node) installed on a PC, which is activated using codemeter.
In line with a customer requirement, I want to rehost the license and bind it to the hard disk of another PC.The rehosting process has been completed succesfully but I am not able to bind the license to hard disk serial number since no option for the same is available.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated since I have limited understanding of codemeter licensing technology.

Pls help.

I'm guessing the OP has one of the paid versions of RSLinx. When going through a FactoryTalk activation I recall that there used to be a popup menu or something that would let you select the binding method, i.e. disk serial number or MAC address. At some point I think they removed the choices but I believe you can still enter it manually. In the binding field just type in DISK_SERIAL_NUM=xxxxxxxx (replacing the x's of course).

If you don't know the serial number then on the PC you are rehosting to, type vol at a command prompt (CMD) to get the volume serial number for the local hard disk drive. Then enter as Kolyur has advised.

Regards,
George

If you don't know the serial number then on the PC you are rehosting to, type vol at a command prompt (CMD) to get the volume serial number for the local hard disk drive. Then enter as Kolyur has advised.

Regards,
George

I wish I had that option to enter the serial number but i couldnt find any.( i guess its not there!). I think some versions of the software can only be activated by codemeter...any idea if thats the case or not....searched knowledge base but to no avail..��

Hi rejoe.koshy,

rejoe.koshy said:
...The rehosting process has been completed succesfully...

If so, this process should have returned the license to the Rockwell licensing server and should now be available for use on another computer.

On the computer you are moving the license to, have you access to the Internet or not?

This will matter in how you should proceed to get the license onto this other computer.

Maybe explain what you are doing/seeing in FactoryTalk Activation Manager on the new computer when you are trying to get the license activated?

Regards,
George