wincc alarm message edit

stzo

In my project, I am using a Wincc Alarm Window object for the alarms. I would like to work with message text and use it as text. Can I copy the alarm text through VB script? I am using Wicc V7.5.

You want to get the text of the selected entry in the alarm control?

It's possible, but I don't think only with VB. The WinCC alarm runtime is a really (in my opinion unneccessary) complex beast, you can only get access to messsage details if you walk through several layers of functions which are in detail only described if you buy the WinCC ODK.

But here's an example project of how to get the message texts, you can extract the used functions for your own application, but only in C-Script:

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/view/52329908