sure servo

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I built a small machine and tested it for customer in my facillity.
The vfd's ran on 460 & Sureservos ran on 240. Customer switched power feed on one section and toasted the 2 sureservo drives. Could that damage the servo motors as well. He changed drives and I sent him a parameter list to
enter. but the drives fault with and overload when he tries to jog/run and somtimes when sitting idle.

Automation Direct tech support says they shouldn't but can't say for sure.

That error seems to me like there is problem with encoder. I hope that he did not try to open encoder in order to see if everything was ok.

They said they have now replaced both drives and motors and put parameters back in and they claim they get an error ALE06 without trying to run (no trigger command)
Anyone have any ideas. I have all parameters at default except for a list of ones I set
to set up control and I connect Modbus to send Position/Velocity and trigger. I had this machine running 6 months before they took it.
I'm new to servo & Modbus but manage to figure it out and get it to run correct when I had it. I am hoping it is something simple being overlooked.

There is no brake and the system was never tuned but ran on all the default settings.
They said they have the motors off the gearboxes and wired up to drives and still get the ALE06 Fault when powered up.

Based on the manual, have they tried to clear fault.

ALE06 Overload Turn Alarm Reset (DI signal) ON to clear the fault.

For drive firmware v2.10 and higher, active faults can be reset from the keypad.
Press and hold the UP and DOWN Arrow Keys simultaneously for two seconds to clear the fault.

So asking half a dozen times to be sure the cables were correctly replaced in the 2 drives
that were changed out (cables are clearly marked) and being told they had verified several times. I had them facetime me and checked myself and of course the encoder cables were crossed. At least I didn't fly down to find that!