Siemens PLC - Timer Preset Value

woodward_uk

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi there

I'm guessing this is a straightforward one but after much experimenting I've been unable to find an answer.

The software is TIA V16.

I'm trying to write different values into a Timer preset. I've converted the required value from DINT to TIME and the correct value is shown on the RHS of the conversion. However the actual timer still shows T#10MS which is the intial value I entered when I created it.

Screenshot is attached. Advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Siemens Timer Pre.jpg

I think the constant T#10ms feeding the PT input of the AVO1A_FTO_TMR TON is overwriting the AVO1A_FTO_TMR.PT value each time that TON runs.

Create a tag named AVO1A_FTO_PRE, of data type TIME.

Have AVO1A_FTO_PRE be the OUT output of that top T_CONV instruction.

Have AVO1A_FTO_PRE be the PT input of the AVO1A_FTO_TMR TON insruction.

Last edited:
When doing so I use an intermediate variable and use that to set the PT, it works fine that way, but I think your way also works, the T#10MS is the value that you typed, so it wont change when you are online.