Rockwell Automation Software Toolbox ? What is the yearly cost for that

Rob S.

Good Evening ,

I'm possibly going to be taking over a automation service department . I would like to get all the Rockwell Software that I would need in one package .

Could you please me some tips and information about the Rockwell Automation Software Toolbox ? What is the cost per year ? Is it worth it , or should I just purchase single software license ? My goal is to develop PLC and HMI applications , and other automation .

Thanks so much , and have a good evening .

When you price it out if your going to be needing RSLogix5 or RSLogix500 or RSView32 you need the Classic addon. New toolkit only comes with RSLogix5000 and Studio5000.

I'm not sure there is any way to predict the price. It all depends on who your company is, what software you include in the bundle and how much product you buy from RA annually. I suspect the latter is the most important factor.

Not quite accurate. See bottom right for legacy.

Actually that's no longer sold.
I had to buy Enterprise Toolkit 9398N-TKITT32

and Legacy Toolkit Sub ESD 9398-TKITLEG

Then again there are so many bloody part number for this stuff anymore, I don't think even the distributors know what to buy.

At one of my old employers, prices each year were based upon last year's sales. The more Rockwell "stuff" you purchase the cheaper the software. Plus I think, but do not know, that M-F, 8-5 tech service support is included.

At one of my old employers, prices each year were based upon last year's sales. The more Rockwell "stuff" you purchase the cheaper the software. Plus I think, but do not know, that M-F, 8-5 tech service support is included.

The price is still the same, but they give you rockwell dollars you can use to pay for it.

if you're outfitting several workstations, be sure to ask about buying multiple licenses at one time ... in my case I was able to pay just a few hundred dollars more and get several "extra" stations ...

and make sure that your salesman at the distributor is familiar with this product ... not all of them know how to put this stuff together - and as someone has already mentioned, getting the right package - with the right product number - can be challenging ...

Last edited:
Beware of this, Rockwell sells you a package of software with the word "perpetual" included in the license. But after several years they change the part number and the "perpetual" effect just disappear because the P/N you bought does not exist anymore, and you have to buy another "perpetual" license or at least pay some money in order to change your existing part number to the new one and that is called upgrade by them.
If you do not change your part number you are obligued to use the last version they produced under that part number, even if the new version has some minors changes compared to the old one.
That happened to me recently at least here in Colombia.