Upload program from Allen Bradley Panelview 550 and 300

Rousey99

I have got a Panel View 300 (2711-K3A19L1) which is currently being used on a production machine. I have not got access to the panelview program that is currently on this panelview. I would like to upload the program, modify it and then download it. Is this possible?

As i am new to panelview programming and can not take the panelview 300 offline i have been messing about with a panelview 550 (2771-K5A16) that we have kicking around. I have been able to eventually see this panelview in RSLinx by using a straight through 9 pin RS232 cable from my laptop (with a legacy extender http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/accessories/apd/430-3115?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=430-3115) but i can not use the factorytalk transfer utility to upload or download anything. When i go to download or upload anything it errors out and says "The destination selected is not a valid device".

Can anyone help me in what im doing wrong. Is it even possible to use the transfer utility with these old panelviews?

First things first...You need the PanelBuilder 32 software...FactoryTalk applications do not apply to PanelView Standard HMIs and HMI applications...Do you have it?

Panel View 300 (2711-K3A19L1)

Are you sure about this catalog number, might it be "M" instead of "K"?

If it is a 300 Micro the one you have supports DH485 protocol. It also would use a null-modem cable
unlike your PV550's straight thru cable.

FYI The Micro's protocol can be changed by way of firmware, if needed.

Last edited: