Studio 5000 version 30 looooong upload time

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Is anyone else having a long time uploading from controllers on version 30?
I have a 1756-L81 with 877,591 block used of 3,145,728 available. I have connected to the controller from several different methods and they all take 15 minutes or longer to upload and save data to me PC.
I tried the USB, local ethernet, and second ethernet card over a wireless network.

I haven't connected to any other controllers in the last 3 weeks or so I can't say if it is localized to verify 30 or just my pc.

Is there a way to update from v30.01.00 to v30.01.01 without the 5.3gb download?

I don't know if this is possible, but Acrobat anomaly was addressed in 30.01.00 per release Notes.

Usually sub-minor revision change indicates changes in the optional components and not in the main application.

I don't know if this is possible, but Acrobat anomaly was addressed in 30.01.00 per release Notes.

Usually sub-minor revision change indicates changes in the optional components and not in the main application.

Thanks! I am halfway through the 8gb download now...(including some tools and options I wanted).

Just in case some users are experiencing apparently similar symptoms to the Adobe issue, but uninstalling Adobe products or upgrading Studio 5000 v28/30 does not resolve their issues...

There are several third-party software products which can interfere with Studio 5000, resulting in slow or "not responding" type symptoms. Adobe is one, but if it turns out not to be the cause for anyone, then the following technote lists other likely culprits...

1066630 - Studio 5000: Not responding
Access Level: TechConnect

The Adobe specific technote 1057708 (provided in the linked thread by Contr_Conn) is also linked in the above technote, along with the other possible candidates.

I've gotten caught before myself with both Malwarebytes and Trend Micro, but I've also witnessed CCleaner causing issues with at least one user here while assisting them on the Forum.

The Adobe August 2017 update issue only affects Studio 5000 v28 or higher (before the resolved versions) as it relates to the introduction of the Logix 5x80 architecture controllers at v28 of Logix Designer. At v28 or above Logix Designer uses a particular Adobe service which was updated last year, introducing this anomaly. So if using versions prior to v28 then the Adobe update issue would not be the most likely suspect.

The other third-party software products, listed in the above technote, should be taken as having the potential to affect any or all versions of Studio 5000 Logix Designer.

Regards,
George

For me versions 21, 24 and 30 all take a minimum of 5 minutes to get online. Called tech support and of course they say it's a RSLinx problem, call back for RSLinx support and guess what? That's right they say it's a RSLogix problem.

Just in case some users are experiencing apparently similar symptoms to the Adobe issue, but uninstalling Adobe products or upgrading Studio 5000 v28/30 does not resolve their issues...

There are several third-party software products which can interfere with Studio 5000, resulting in slow or "not responding" type symptoms. Adobe is one, but if it turns out not to be the cause for anyone, then the following technote lists other likely culprits...

1066630 - Studio 5000: Not responding
Access Level: TechConnect

The Adobe specific technote 1057708 (provided in the linked thread by Contr_Conn) is also linked in the above technote, along with the other possible candidates.

I've gotten caught before myself with both Malwarebytes and Trend Micro, but I've also witnessed CCleaner causing issues with at least one user here while assisting them on the Forum.

The Adobe August 2017 update issue only affects Studio 5000 v28 or higher (before the resolved versions) as it relates to the introduction of the Logix 5x80 architecture controllers at v28 of Logix Designer. At v28 or above Logix Designer uses a particular Adobe service which was updated last year, introducing this anomaly. So if using versions prior to v28 then the Adobe update issue would not be the most likely suspect.

The other third-party software products, listed in the above technote, should be taken as having the potential to affect any or all versions of Studio 5000 Logix Designer.

I find it humorous that rs/ab lays the blame on all of these software packages and not with their own bloatware.
Adobe, malwarebytes and trendmicro haven't caused issues with other plc software, for me anyways.

I find it humorous that rs/ab lays the blame on all of these software packages and not with their own bloatware.
Adobe, malwarebytes and trendmicro haven't caused issues with other plc software, for me anyways.

It's the brilliant marketing strategy Bill Gates used. Americans don't have enough conflict in their lives...let's sell them some.