Upgrading to Studio 5000 v31 causes issues with FTView 9.0

phuz

I recently upgraded to Studio v31 and now other people are unable to restore my APA file from FTView 9.0 unless they are also on v31. Something about FTSP version. Hopefully Rockwell patches this.

This has been the case forever since the FT Services Platform has been in use. Load a new version of ANYTHING, and it breaks EVERYTHING else.
The Rockwell solution is to go ahead in instal v.31 everywhere, even on FTView SE Clients. Next upgrade, do the same.

Another solution is just to now always load every new bit of Rockwell Bloatware into a separate VM.

Or use Ignition.

Similar Topics

About 2 years ago, I upgraded 6 workstations to Rockwell Rev 26.0. This included all the RsLinx, and RsNetworx, and rsView revisions that were...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am upgrading a Wonderware SCADA form version 9.5 to version 23. I am able to migrate all the graphic, but when to activate the runtime this...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of upgrading a controls system. The existing system is a SLC500 with some IO cards and a 1747-SDN module communicating to a...
Replies
Views
I am looking to upgrade some of our old Servo Drives to the newer kinetix 5700 style. currently we have 4 1394 axis that are all driven by 5kw...
Replies
Views
Hello, We are currently running a bunch of g310's connected to their SLC5 PLCs through ethernet. I've attempted to upgrade the program from 2.0...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom