Redlion Crimson 3.0-3.1

mark73165

Lifetime Supporting Member
For over a year the latest versions of 3.0 and all versions of 3.1 have an issue with downloading datalogs over FTP. This issue has been identified by Redlion over a year ago but so far it has not been addressed in a revision.

Currently I have to connect with a USB cable and download the data logs this way or remove the data card which is not the preferred way.

The issue is that the download can take hours now what used take a few minutes before.

Previous response from tech support- "The bug is still being worked on currently. I have not ETA as to when it will be fixed unfortunately, but I will reach out to my dev team and ask about it" 10-17-2019.

If anyone has had similar results and found a work around I would be very happy to hear.

Thanks Mark

Thanks for the reply. I will try this and check the speed.

I am working with a remote connection and to speed the process I am using Teamviewer on a remote computer and the "download from" is pointed to the drive created when using the USB interface plugged into the HMI and the "download to" is pointed to file location on my local computer. In this way I dont have to save the file on the remote computer 1st and then transfer again to my local computer.

Because it is a remote connection we have to have the PC in a hazardous area to use the USB interface but if I could connect via the network over FTP I could keep the remote computer in a safe area and just work with the FTP client instead of having to open the web browser and picking each file and doing a save as. Also we have a lot of files and folders that are created in routines and these are not available from the Web interface. Only logs created in the data logging interface are available on the Web page.

Thanks Mark

I have at least two sites running Crimson 3.0 build 707.00 using Sync Manager successfully. I have Filezilla FTP server on a PC at each site and the data is getting there just fine. I can dig up the cd3 files and identify any further details you might need in order to set up your system that way. I am assuming from the first post that you are using the HMI as an FTP server rather than the other way around like mine.

Thanks everyone for the reply's. Yea I have used Filezilla alot when I have a dedicated PC gathering info from up to 10 HMI's in some sites.

The application I am using this on is a short 1 time connection where I need to quickly get the logs and then disconnect. This is primarily due to it being in a hazardous area without any networking to a safe area (even if there is a network connection to a safe area it is always a short term connection using a Cell Modem). This requires getting hot work permits for the laptop. The other application is where I use Teamviewer to remote login using a Cell Modem to a local techs laptop which still require hot work permits.

The average data log size I am downloading is between 25 to 35mb per file and I usually need to download several at a time.

Thanks Mark

The average data log size I am downloading is between 25 to 35mb per file and I usually need to download several at a time.

That's pretty huge compared to my 10-100kb csv file sizes. I can see that taking a few minutes for the HMI to cope with while doing all its other doings.