Panelview Plus-What is the best way to get back into Config Mode ?

Good Evening ,

I have a Panelview Plus that I need to go back into Config Mode. I understand that if you have a USB keyboard you can press the Default button and go into a screen that will allow you to go into config mode . Is that safe and easy to do ?

At one time wasn't there a white box you could press on bootup ?

Thanks so much for your help.

Many versions have the white square at bootup. I'm not sure which version first introduced it. Then there was one minor revision (somewhere around v6, IIRC) where they removed it, and following an immediate uproar, reintroduced it in the next minor revision.

Next bet is a USB keyboard and Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Windows

There are other ways in as well, but 99% of the time, those two will get you by.

I understand you can go to config mode using a USB keyboard.

But in my opinion, the best thing to do is put a 'Go to Config Mode' button in one of your screen, maybe with password protected.

But I guess now you have to upload the runtime file, add in the above button and download it back.

Can you connect to the PanelView with a VNC client? Use the "Send Ctrl-Alt-Del" button will cause the Windows CE OS to bring up the standard dialog box with the Restart Windows option. Win CE will restart to the desktop and when you start the PanelView Plus runtime it will go into config mode instead of running the application. At least, that's my experience with PV Plus 7 Performance.

Mike

The best way would be to put a go to configure screen button in your HMI program, either hidden behind something that would never be touched or locked behind a login screen.

If you forgot to do this and the little white square isn't there on reboots. Then you will need to either reset the panel view with the buttons on the back or plug a keyboard in and press Shift-Ctrl-Windows-Alt all at the same time until the end program screen pops up.

The keyboard method takes a few tries but it usually works.