Commissioning plc communiccation block for a connection with VFD

EStufC

Hello everyone,
Currently I am performing preparations for a huge project.
And there is a need to establish communication between plc and VFD by means a bus.
There is a PLC with communiccation module implemented and 3-phase VFD.

The point is I don't have 3-phase el.net at my labor to power VFD properly.
Still, there's no need to run any motors in a pair with VFD.
Simply I want to establish a communication and read some registers from VFD.
Shure, later at site where 3-phase is available I will continue comprehensive comissioning with a motor.

So how do I get 3-phase VFD's communication part working(responsive) with a single phase powering?

Any thoughts upon this matter will be appreciated.

Last edited:
What VFD model?
Some VFDs have the comms(and the controller) powered by an external 24V supply, might be the case with yours.

What VFD model?
Some VFDs have the comms(and the controller) powered by an external 24V supply, might be the case with yours.

Danfoss FC302.
There's only one way, performing an experiment.

Last edited: