CIP Message Format Error

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
MicroLogix 1400 Using Messages to talk to PowerFlex 40P
22E-Comm Card. I have it working and when I download an updated
Program (nothing in the Ladder with messages Changed) Just added more logic
in the program. I get all Errors on my message blocks
I've looked at all several times and don't see anything different.
When online with program that errors messaging and opening up setup screen
on any it shows the Multi Hop as No but offline it says yes.
All IP's are correct.
Any Suggestions ( I did set the comms N4:3 in the drive to a non zero
for the drive comms time out.) My scan time is a little slower with the added programming but I'm not getting a time out fault

Thanks

IMG_2009.JPG

Picture is actually another Micrologix 1400 I'm also messaging and I loose it as well

Here is the Channel 1 configuration, It is the same in both programs.

IMG_2010.JPG

Yikes !

I wonder if the RIX routing information files are getting corrupted. The MicroLogix 1400 shouldn't even allow non-Multi-Hop messages; in my RSLogix 500 that selection is grayed out.

RSLogix should warn you if RI data table assignments are overlapping, so that's probably not it.

What version of RSLogix 500 are you running ? I know there was an RSLogix 500 v10 issue with a particular version of the compiler that could screw up MSG commands.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1073292/loc/en_US#__highlight

Thank you for the quick response.
What I meant by other MicroLogix was the error on comms message is on all my messages
in 2 different Ladders, One ladder is for 2 vfd's and one is for another Micrologix1400.
But all the errors are the same.
I wrote Program in RS500 V8.3 and Ran the machine but it has moved and they are testing an add on, I only enabled AFI stopping comms for 2nd VFD and added logic in other places for controls. Comms was the same. I Put the AFI back in the messages for VFD 2 and still have all coms error.I put the old program in and all comms are good.

I have asked what V. the RS500 they are using to download files I send them or does that matter. I did both on V.8.3 So I cant see how the ladder logic I add affected the comms that look Identical because I used the same program and didn't touch any messaging

I am waiting to go online with Teamviewer since machine is remote and I have noticed in the program that did not work none of the Routing Information was populated in the RI File except the IP when I went back to the Message Setup and clicked on the RI in the message then hit enter it populated the data under each IP as I did each one.
Any thoughts

Thank you Ken you were right the RI file had no info in it other than the IP
when I clicked on each Message setup box and clicked on the RI box info that was there and hit enter on each message it re populated the File and now all the comms are working.

I have no idea how the RI files got corrupted, but I'm glad to hear you were able to re-populate them and get the program working again !

I believe I cut and pasted a few messages with their associated rungs around not knowing the Data in the RI file would not stay with it. This is the only thing I can think of.
The Multi hop IP was there and the RI# was still in message but in the RI file all data was lost? I'll have to remember that.