PF753 Profibus 20-COMM-P help needed.

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ok,
We have a couple of hundred PF753's with 20-COMM-P cards installed.

I recently had one fail, and it would not communicate over the replacement. Both have same Firmware revision. Only difference is one dated 2012 and one 2018.
What am I missing. They are marked E for existing and N for new. Short term fix was to pull one from a spare drive.

ProfiOld.jpg ProfiNew.png

Solution found:
It seems that on some but not all new 20-COMM-P cards, once the card is installed and the drive is powered up. From the HIM, go to the COMM card, parameter 8, and reset the module. Then it works.
As we say in the Siemens world, another undocumented feature.

Solution found:
It seems that on some but not all new 20-COMM-P cards, once the card is installed and the drive is powered up. From the HIM, go to the COMM card, parameter 8, and reset the module. Then it works.
As we say in the Siemens world, another undocumented feature.

But those interface cards are made by AB, so how is it Siemens fault?

But those interface cards are made by AB, so how is it Siemens fault?

Excuse me if I am putting words in OP's mouth, but I don't think they were blaming Siemens, rather they were making an analogy by saying that AB can be as incompetent as Siemens in the "that's not a bug, that's a feature" department.