Dataman 8700 and Micro800 communication

arvind_g

Hello all..
I am presently working with a Cognex Dataman dm8700dx-e (ethernet) scanner and need to make it communicate (read data from) with a AB Micro850 Plc. Have spent couple of days looking for a way to read scanned data from the scanner into the PLC; but no success yet. Please share any information / thoughts / insights if this can be done and how to if it is possible.
I could get the same scanner work with compactlogix pretty easily but am stuck with the Micro 850 and CCW.
Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance for the same.
Arvind G

drbitboy,
There is nothing to post for logix5000, I just added it as an Ethernet module to the io configuration and it's working with the compactlogix after little tweaks in the dataman software. Is it that I will need to use CIP generic / symbolic messaging in CCW to make it talk with Micro 850 ?
Thanks,
Arvind G

Try using messaging to the Assembly objects' buffers. CIP Get/Set Attribute Single. Class 4, Instance==assembly #, Attribute 3.

Pturmel,
can you please elaborate a little more , I need a little more guidance as I have not done the messaging before.
Sorry for my incompetence.
Thanks,
ArvindG

pturmel,
thanks for the pointers, I will certainly look into the CCW project and post my findings.
Thanks again,
ArvindG

dataman 8700 and micro 800

I finally did complete the task by communicating the dataman with compactlogix plc and messaging from compactlogix to micro 800. I know, this was not the way I wanted it, but I found it a lot easier and the system works fine in the field for last 4 months.
Just wanted to close the thread, Thanks.