Fatal Application Error WHen Using V16 Rs Logix

aidamcg

Hi All

I am working on my first project which uses V16 Rslogix. I ahve no probelms when workign with it but when I open an earlier version "11 in this case" at the same time on the same PC I get a fatal application error with the Version 11 project. If I close down the version 16 project and open the Version 11 one again all is ok. I have tried it on two different computers with the same result. I am just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

Aidan

This got me curious so I tried it.

I do not have this issue.
I first opened a V16 file by double clicking on the file name.
Waited for the file to completely open.
I then opened a V11 file by the same method.

Questions:
1. Were you online with the V16 when you tried to open the V11?
2. What operating system are you using?
3. What versions of RSLogix 5000 do you have?

Your problem could be the known bug in version 16.00 as described in the attached technote. You would need to upgrade to version 16.03 to prevent it from ocurring again.

Thanks John M and Oakley. This is the problem I am having. I am using V16.00 and XP Professional Sevice Pack 2. It is usaully when I go online that the problem arises.

Thanks

Aidan

From the advice of John M and the rockwell technote I have updated to version 16.03 and have found that It can only copy one rung of code from a version 11.16 project to a version 16 project at a time. If I try and copy multiple rungs I get the same fatal application error. I also found that when I do get the error and try copy and paste in word to clear the buffer it will not paste unless all of the RSlogix programs are shut down. I have tried this on 2 different computers with the same result. Did anybody else ever have this problem with version 16.03.

Thanks

Aidan

I get the same result you do. I guess Rockwell has not fully fixed the problem. You can copy one rung or a whole routine but not multiple rungs.