Rockwell Automation Activation Error (EVMOVE)

JulienV

Hi! I have a problem with my Rockwell software activation from a Toolkit master disk (keys for all their automation softwares). I used DriveImage to duplicate my 40gig HD to a 100gig HD and everything worked fine except that after a few days, the activations stopped working. I thought "no problem" as I have a backup of my master disk with valid keys on it, but when I try to move them I get the error message "Activation File Corrupt - Invalid Serial Number". No mather what I do I get this message...

I've seen old posts (2003) on this forum about a similar problem and to look for a EVRSI.SYS file but such file does not exist on the HD (yes I checked hidden files). Anyone experienced that problem?? Please help!

Julien

JulienV said:
I've seen old posts (2003) on this forum about a similar problem and to look for a EVRSI.SYS file but such file does not exist on the HD (yes I checked hidden files). Anyone experienced that problem?? Please help!

Julien

Have you checked for system files?

Thanks a million buddy! That was the key to my sucess! System files were still hidden and when I fixed that, 386SWAP.PAR and EVRSI.SYS finally appeared. I deleted the files and tada! Problem solved! Thanks again for the hint!!!

Julien

This is something that you probably don't want to leave posted. I'd recommend editing those file names out of your reply out of respect for Rockwell and the agreement here. I'm not sure that you're getting the significance of the info.

I'll explain the details if a moderator asks.

Last edited:
surferb said:
This is something that you probably don't want to leave posted. I'd recommend editing those file names out of your reply out of respect for Rockwell and the agreement here. I'm not sure that you're getting the significance of the info.

I'll explain the details if a moderator asks.

Nothing special about those files (see AB knowledge below)