driving a servo motor on omron cp1L plc

sysin

i am new member of the electrical team of our company and as task i was incharged of the controls of an urgent project..one of my problem was how to drive a servo motor on a cp1l omron plc..wat command must i enter, since cp1l's output is relay..pls help..

To use the CP1L's motion functions (PULS, SPED, PLS2...) you need the transistor output plc, not the relay type. Relays don't like giving a 50KHz pulse train :rolleyes:

re:)paraffin power..but my plc is relay output

omron cp1L plc is a relay output plc..s der a way to connect a servo to ds type of plc?..cant the servo's controller/indexer help me on this problem?and so u mean dat i nid a special programming when it comes to servo,ryt?how about ordinary motors,do i need a special programming too wen i connect it to the plc?..tnx in advance:)

regards,
erika (sysin):)

you need high speed pulse(PTO/PWM) to control stepper/servo motors so you really need a transitor-output type PLC. What is the brand/model of your servo motor?

re:)beckz..
the servo motors are panasonic PAC-MV series with 25 hp..can the PTO/PWM help me in this in problem?anyway the motor is only running @ 90 rpm..

What do you want the PLC to do to the servo motor, control what, start, stop, speed matching, move x amount?

I've never seen a 25hp servo motor.

re:rich1955..

i mean 25W only..the servo motors are speed controlled, it will be attached to a conveyor belt, in which items will be loaded..the plc will basically start/stop the motors..anyway, there is no sequence of motors involved in this programming..

regards,
sysin

Last edited:
It is difficult for anyone to help you when the motor/drive specification "Panasonic PAC-MV" does not exist on the Panasonic Automation website. The smallest sevo motor they make is 30W but you say you are using a 25W unit.

If you can be more specific about the unit you are using [post a link to the motor and drive] and exactly what you are trying to do then you will get useful feedback to your questions.

S--- in S--- out.

o_O

re:bits n bytes

but the it does exist in their catalogues..it is a speed control motor, gear type..actuali, the motor is hard to find on the net..anyway, i wil post the specs of the servo motor we will be using:
80A, 25W, 200V, 1.5 kg, 90 rpm..