Need Help with Omron Servo Control

humberstudent

Hi,I am a college student and for my final year project I am using a servo motor for one of the applications. I have never used a servo motor before, and I have to use it through Omron PLC, which I have never worked on before. I have figured most of the things about Cx programmer on my own using the manual and by the help of reading the previous posts on this form.

I still need to know how do i program the servo motor through Cx programmer, I know there are additional softwares for servos but i have heard that the application I am using it for will not require me to use them. So does anyone know how do I get my motor to start when I press the start button, and slow down when it comes across one sensor and stop when it reaches the next sensor. I can figure the ladder logic myself, I mostly need help with what command to use in the Cx programmer to talk to the servo motor. I would appreciate it if you can provide me with a sample program that has servo control in it. or just to get it to Jog.

I am using:
Prgrammable Controller- CS1G-CPU44H
Module- C200HW-NC213
Servo Motor - U20030LA-S1
Servo Drive - R88D-UP12LA
Program - Cx Programmer 8.01

I have it all wired up according to the manuals, but have no idea how to program it, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Omron Drive

The software you are talking about named CX Drive, it comes with CX One package and used to control the motor parameters...

Mostly for controlling the Drive using the plc, there should be functions for sending the pulses through output Q00 and Q01 and wire also the direction pulses then control the important parameters like Pn50A and Pn000,Pn002, Pn200 ...

send pulses of the required amount, and determine their direction and connect the Run signal and the Sen signal... the wiring or the pulses is inside the manual an the run is with 24 volts...

thats mostly it, and control the distance by the parameter that control te number of pulses/rev and calculate the equation by sending pps and pulses...

read the manual its all there

The manual you really need is the W334 manual for the C200HW-NC213 module. This is a "position control" module.

There are parameters that will need to be configured for the module to output pulses to the R88D amplifier.

The addressing of this memory will depend on the "Unit No" or "Mach No" of the NC213.

Please download the manual and take a look.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hope this will help.

The software you are talking about named CX Drive, it comes with CX One package and used to control the motor parameters...

Mostly for controlling the Drive using the plc, there should be functions for sending the pulses through output Q00 and Q01 and wire also the direction pulses then control the important parameters like Pn50A and Pn000,Pn002, Pn200 ...

send pulses of the required amount, and determine their direction and connect the Run signal and the Sen signal... the wiring or the pulses is inside the manual an the run is with 24 volts...

thats mostly it, and control the distance by the parameter that control te number of pulses/rev and calculate the equation by sending pps and pulses...

read the manual its all there

Can we also use Cx Drive for servo programming ?