FX3U timers

mechtec

I have a program for FX3U plc that is using nesting. The nests are selected by "tooling flags" and only one nest is used at a time. I programmed nest one earlier this year and it worked fine. I added nest 2 last week and the machine worked fine with either "tool" being used. I have programmed the third nest and started debugging today. This particular nest uses a bunch of timers and some of them don't seem to be working right. I have got into the higher number timers and find that they are retentive timers and have to be reset which I haven't programmed yet. Reading the manual, it says that timer number that are not used can be used for data storage. Does this mean that the data locations I am using cannot be used for timers? If I am using D80 to D83, can I not have T80 to T83?

Thanks in advance.

Not quite sure what you mean by nests?

You can have T80 and D80 etc but those are not retentive (D) unless you specify them as retentive in settings.

Please explain a little more - or even post your project

Hello Goody, Mitsubishi's nests are kind of like the FC's that Siemens uses. In this program, N0 handles the machine control. N1 is the first "tool", N2 the second "tool", and so on. We can have 4 "tools" in this machine and depending which is installed determines which nest is used.
So it is only the retentive timers that this applies to? If I am using D252, then I can't use T252? If I am using T252, then I can't use D252? I wish they would explain this a little better in the manual.

Thanks

Ok, I understand a little more.

I think you have misunderstood the function of nesting but we will pass on from that for now.

A timer does not have to have the same register as the timer number. Both are independent from each other.

T1 for example can use any available D register (D600 if you like) or even a set number as in K150 (15 seconds)

I can't remember how many 100ms timers the FX3 has but I think its 0 - 199. Above that the timescale changes and then onto retentive timers.

Thanks Goody. The problem was the time base and retentive timers. Replaced the retentive timers and got the time values changed to proper format and machine works. Had never used that many timers in a program before. Was a bit of a surprise to find that I was using 1 ms timers instead of 100 ms timers.

Thanks again.