Omron CJ2M Help

faqu2to

Hello

I am in need of some help that's probably very simple for someone with more Omron experience than I have. I've only been working with Omron for about a month now.

I have a machine here that is using an Omron CJ2M-CPU31. I have to leave something plugged into the ethernet port on this controller of the processor will fault. Scrolling on the segment display I get this:

ER D9 1P 04 01

The 01 is always displayed on the screen when the processor isn't faulted. It just needs something with a LAN connection to plug into it and the fault will disappear. Currently I have an unconfigured TPLINK WIFI adapter plugged into it so I don't have to keep my laptop over there all day.

I know the D9 is a data link error by reading the PDF's and research I've done, I just can't seem to find a setting to fix this (if there is one). I'm not sure if at some point in time this machine was used to transfer information back and forth or what. I've gone through what I can change in the network configurator and compared it to a very similar machine. I've updated and downloaded the eds files into the configurator as well.

Any help out there?

Thanks everyone
Jason

Check the PLC program for communication commands (SEND,RECV, CMND, etc.) If your PLC is trying to communicate and does not find a network it will cause an error.

Thanks. That's what I've been doing so far. I just don't know where else to look in the Omron. I've gone through everything I know for my lack of knowledge. Just don't understand that it needs something plugged into the ethernet switch to continue. Is the 04 in the error code my node address?

The d9 is a tag data link error. That would be Ethernet/IP.
What is the IP address of the CJ2M?
Is there any information in the PLC Error Log?

gtsuport

So the 04 in the error message is for the node address that has the issue. I've now learned that. Node 4 is the epson robot connected to the system. It appears that the robot doesn't like me unplugging the the computer or any other ethernet device that is hooked to the switch in the cabinet. I've compared the epson settings in the RC+ 5.0 controllers between this station and another one and nothing is different. IP's are:

PLC 192.168.1.1
Epson 192.168.1.4
TR Encoder 192.168.1.5 (which does have an attribute issue in Network Configurator when trying to load the proper eds)
SR-750 Barcode 192.168.1.10
SR-1000 Barcode 192.168.1.12
FQ Camera 192.168.1.14
FQ Camera 192.168.1.16

Currently I have an unconfigured TP LINK WIFI adapter plugged into the switch to keep it happy. At this point I'm thinking something in the network configurator software needs change for this node.

I keep reading about node linking. I'm trying to see if this is what's happening here with node 4 the epson robot. The d9 data link error confuses me on why something needs to be plugged into the switch for the tags to link from the robot to the PLC. I'm thinking they had some type of wireless device hooked to this station.

All set

Issue solved (sort of). In the cabinet they ran out of ports on the 8 port switch (elinx) and ran a jumper to another 4 port switch (Stride). Both unmanaged. Both Epson ethernet cords were plugged into the Elinx switch along with the PLC and a few other things. If anything came unplugged from that elinx it would drop connection to the robot. I had my laptop on the stride switch online with the robot and when I unplugged anything from the elinx (not unplugging the epson) the robot would lose connection and actually disconnect me from the robot.

At the end of the day, I just installed a 16 port stride and plugged everything into one switch. Now everything is happy. Not sure if the elinx has some special thing about it (never had one) but it didn't like it.

Thanks for giving feedback