FTView v11 (latest) but still invalid apa?

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all.

I have read a bunch of posts on the forum over the years on the "invalid archive apa" problem, including http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=92132

I would always just update my version to the latest and life would be good again. in this case, a competitor made changes to a pv+ 700 (v5.0 firmware) button style display in november 2019, and left an apa.

it wont restore even with v11 and all the patches installed citing invalid archive, and the new me version utility also says invalid archive. the mer comes back as the proper firmware in the utility.

when i try the 7zip method it also fails saying its not a valid archive. i tested with older apa files and it worked successfully.

is there anything else i can try or am i up siht creek? im working on getting my rockwell account linked to our tech connect but currently i cannot read them yet.

I keep virtual machines with older revs of FT View. If you have that available you might give it a try.

I'd be happy to try to open your file if you'd like to PM me. I know if it is a customer file that might not be an option.

OG

Im thinking they may be corrupt, as 7zip wont open it or the mer file. I do not know the ME version, that is what i was trying to figure out.

Hi all.

I have read a bunch of posts on the forum over the years on the "invalid archive apa" problem, including http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=92132

I would always just update my version to the latest and life would be good again. in this case, a competitor made changes to a pv+ 700 (v5.0 firmware) button style display in november 2019, and left an apa.

it wont restore even with v11 and all the patches installed citing invalid archive, and the new me version utility also says invalid archive. the mer comes back as the proper firmware in the utility.

when i try the 7zip method it also fails saying its not a valid archive. i tested with older apa files and it worked successfully.

is there anything else i can try or am i up siht creek? im working on getting my rockwell account linked to our tech connect but currently i cannot read them yet.
Try to restore this with v6.1 using Windows 7 32 bit or Win XP virtual machine. After you do that create new archive file, take it to Win 64 bit machine and restore it with v.11. It should work. You will not need legacy tag database conversion if you do that. Note: It only works with v.6.1.