Click plc ping device

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all.

Long story short, we have a Legacy RTU device that locks up every once in a while. The fix has been to power cycle it.

I want to give them the ability to do so from the scada screen rather than driving to site, with another device installed on site.

I have a click ethernet PLC on my shelf that i was thinking of using, but i dont think it can ping non-modbus devices (correct me if im wrong) onlt ready modbus data in//out.

I seen an IDEC microPLC that can ping devices rather than doing a modbus read commmand just to see if the device is online.

Whatever i do use needs to be able to configure a do to cycle on a failed ping count. not be too expensive and be able to gete within a week delivery, but regardless let me know what you think.. the scada host will be modbus, andn the radio network is ethernet.

Any ideas? thanks.