Emerson / Bristol ControlWave - unknown Password / User ?

slick_william

Hi all,

I have a job next week where I will be going online with a few ControlWave PLC's at a customer's site, and we do not know what the usernames or passwords for these PLC's are. The ones I have worked with have always used the default (user = SYSTEM, pass = 666666), but it is possible that the previous integrator used a custom user/pass combination.

My question is, if I arrive on site and I am unable to get online with the PLC due to not knowing the username or password, then what options would I have at that point? I could contact Emerson directly to see if there is a workaround, but I am worried that I will get on site and not be able to do anything due to not having the username or password.

Would anyone be able to offer any insight / experience in this area? I have not worked with many PLC's which require user/pass, so I slipped up on this one during my company's meetings. Wish I had caught it sooner.

Thanks

The only one I have seen non-default is one 6 to match the older Bristols. I doubt there is a workaround but if someone did change it... well they suck. You can default it and start over I'm betting but I'm also betting you don't want to do that lol.

The only one I have seen non-default is one 6 to match the older Bristols. I doubt there is a workaround but if someone did change it... well they suck. You can default it and start over I'm betting but I'm also betting you don't want to do that lol.

Yeouch... well thank you for your wisdom. Hopefully they either left it default or can get it from the previous integrator.