Help regarding CASE Structure in Allen Bradley Studio 5000

huzzygr8

Hello everyone,
I have recently started a new project using ST in Studio 5000.
Previously, I have programmed in ST in Siemens. As i was writting my code in Studio 5000 i came across the following problem with CASE_OF

// In Siemens i had the following code:

CASE #req OF
#MANUAL: //constant as a selector variable
expressions.....
END_CASE

It works perfectly fine

// In AB Studio 5000 i have written the following code:

CASE G.Req OF
C.MANUAL: //constant as a selector variable (shows error here)
expressions.....
End_Case;

The above code returns an error. How can i use C.MANUAL as a selector for my case structure.

Note: Both G.Req and C.MANUAL are of INT data type

I have not programmed AB in ST but have you tried putting in fixed values like 1,2,3 etc. just to check the case statement is working, as I said I have never done AB in ST and it might be the case that it will not accept variables even constants.
I also suggest you post this in the main Q&A as many people do not even look in the practice area.