Studio 5000 Add-On Instructions Parameter listing

huzzygr8

Hello everyone,

Currently I am translating my Siemens program (SCL) to Allen Bradley (ST) and i am having a little trouble using the Add-On Instructions in Studio 5000.

In Siemens program I had my FCs which I have converted to AOIs in Studio 5000 however in TIA portal i have this awsome parameter list whenever I use the FCs in the program

For example, using this Output_T FC :

#Step4://"O028 BT-Clamp Open"
#nextState := "Output_T"(i_state := #state,
i_Nstate := #state + 1,
TimePT := t#100ms,
i_No_Breakpoint := "GDB".Breakpoint_F,
Out_on := "O028 BT-Clamp Open",
Out_off := #Dummy,
TimerName := #IEC_Timeout);

I really like this outlook in Siemens of the parameters I have to give in the FC.

On the other hand in Studio 5000, the same FC/AOI looks like this :

4: // Set O028 BT-Clamp Open = 1
BF_Output_T(M05_BracketTrans_BF_Output_T,G_M05_BracketTrans.uiState,G.diTemp_Step,G.b_F_Breakpoint,100,O028_BT_Clamp_Open, bDummy ,G_M05_BracketTrans.uiNext_State);

I am really not a fan of this (without the parameter list) and I have to be extra careful in passing the parameters in the FC/AOI.

Does anyone know if there is an option or setting that I need to select in order to have an outlook similar to Siemens (with the parameter list) for the FC/AOIs or should I just use it as it is and move ahead.

Silly question, does Studio 5000 throw an error if you place a boolean in the place of an integer variable?

I don't know the answer to this. One way, that doesn't answer your question, is to call it in FBD which makes all the inputs available and clear for you... Sadly, there's no way of mixing ST and FBD in the same block of code. Ladder is also a non-starter as it doesn't show the inputs and allow you to link to it.

Yes it shows an error when i place a BOOL in place of an INT variable.

I can see the inputs clearly in LD but my main concern is seeing the inputs in ST.