Siemens Microwin Symbols & Comments

I've recently uploaded a project from an S7-200 with MicroWin. There are no comments or symbols.

I later found a copy of the program that has the comments and symbols. Although, that program will not go online with my PLC. Because, the program has been slightly modified.

How can I get the symbols and comments from the original project to my new uploaded project?

I am no longer on site. So, any method of doing this, involving the PLC, I can not do until I get back there.

Thanks.

Never used S7200 microwin but on a S7-400 I had the same problem, what I did was do an on-line compare with the older commented file, go to the changes, modify the older one bit by bit until the rungs were correct then upload from PLC to the modified old file.
The problem on S7 V5.3 was that if I uploaded the PLC to the old file the rung comments would get mixed up so I had to do it this way.
Not sure if you can do a compare with the uploaded file with the commented file and see the differences but if so then don't worry about minor changes i.e. just a few contacts but extra rungs are a problem for the rung comments, it means you can have a synchronised project although any extra symbols may not be present. it will depend on the number of changes though.
As I said never used Microwin so no idea if you can do compares with files.
I have also done this on other platforms, not ideal but it worked.
I strongly advise to take a copy of the original commented file before doing any mods, that way you can always go back.

Last edited:
Rockwell had a txt that you could import and export to edit the text, not sure but maybe MicroWin had this also? if yes you would just export it empty and then import it after you filled in the data with the one that has the comments

I remember I did it a long time ago on a S5 project and every time it would open you would get the error that it was truncated, but it looked like it worked :confused:

Maybe 15 years ago, so I am stretching my brain, I managed to loose my latest version of a MicroWin program, (MicroWin or Windows crashed) but I had it in a PLC. From what I remember (don't forget the 15 years) I saved the program with the comments and tag references with a new name (didn't want to loose things twice) and then uploaded whilst the program was open. The uploaded program overwrote the existing program and the Comments and Tag names stayed as was. The only issue I had was that unless the number of lines in the upload and existing are the same then you end up with Comments on wrong lines. I did some copying and pasting and got back to where I needed to be. This would have been MicroWin 3, I have no idea if it would work on later versions.

Load your original project.
Then upload the program from the plc.
Then you will get the symbols in the project from the plc.

Yes that is true, but any rung comments (if extra rungs have been added) will then go out of sync. so I found the best way (if possible on the microwin) load the project & do an on-line off line comparison, if extra rungs (segments) have been added you can insert a rung on the original file, save it then the project should be synchronised as far as segments so the comments will be in the correct place.