Panelview 800 Can't connect to Laptop. rslinx can't find.

Levi G

I have a Brand new Panelview 800 2711R T7T A HMI that I can not connect to.
Laptop IP address is 192.168.12.54
Static IP on HMi is 192.168.12.5
Rslinx can not find it.
When I do an Out-of-box Reset Rslinx can find it once using DHCP, but then it can't find it after I load the application, disable DHCP and change back to Static.
I had almost the same problem a while back here:http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=104461&highlight=panelview+800
but this time rslinx can't even see it. but I can ping it from Laptop.

How do other folks find a brand new HMI with rslinx using Ethernet? I have not tried with a usb cable.

The way I try is go to settings screen in CCW, validate project, click download then Connection Browser pops up, I open AB_ETHIP-1 Ethernet connection and it shows all my previous connections with red X.

I am using CCW 12.00.00 with HMI FW 5.013

Any help or insight is appreciated.

i have had that issue once before. the way i got it to show up was by opening a project in factorytalk view studio then choose the communications tab (not communication setup). lower left in the tree. Then right click on the ethernet driver and choose add. Then for some reason i could see it in rslinx. if your talking about rslinx classic, did you add the ip to the driver?
I just noticed you said CCW sorry about that. I guess the above doesn't apply.

The only way I was able to get Rslinx to see the Panelview 800 was to change the IP from 192.168.12.5 to 192.168.1.5.

Try right clicking on it and upload the EDS and then see what happens also does it see it under the other driver Ethernet/IP?

Did you try the out-of-box reset?
I remember having to change the IP and then reboot, for it to get recognized.

It does not let me load EDS, that option does not appear when I right-click
I have tried with multiple IPs, I have rebooted several times.
I also tried deleting the Harmony.hrc and Harmony.rsh files.
and it's still the same

I finally did a factory reset.

1-Connect an external USB keyboard to the terminal
2-Hold the Ctrl and Shift keys simultaneously
3-A dialog box appears with the prompt: Return to Out of Box Condition?
4-Press the Yes or F1 to return to the out-of-box condition, or press the No or F2 to
cancel.

And the problem was solved.