Wiring yokogawa transmitter to schneider analog module tm3ai4

SHP_VFD

Hi,

i'm working with a differential pressure transmitter yokogawa EJA130E and have problems to connect it to a Schneider analog module TM3AI4.

G-SE-0030427.2.gif-high.gif

I already try to wire it like the manual, also try to do a loop with the power supply and the transmitter doesnt turn on, the display remains blank.

2-wire-analog-input-wiring-external-supply.png

When i connect the transmitter directly to the power supply, the transmitter turn on.

Its my first project so i'm still a newbie, i'll appreciate any help.

Thanks

As the TM3AI4 is both voltage and current input, you need to configure the card in Machine Expert for 4-20mA. Its default is likely voltage input, which is high input impedance so the loop instrument won't work.

You'll need to wire the sensor loop powered like your second image if it's a 2 wire sensor.

Like this. You set the input for 4-20mA if you want the device to take care of low level and wire break alarms, you use 0-20mA if you want more control. Scale the 4-20mA to Real World values. I prefer my own scaling routine, but your PLC will almost certainly have a built in one.

4-20 Connection.JPG