Kepware to Panelview Plus

JCreel

Hello all, i am currently trying to connect a panelview plus 6 to a siemens 505 via kepware.

I have not had alot of experience with kepware and all of the tricks of the trade involving the software, but i have it downloaded to my PC, and have added all the necessarry tags i want into the channel. I also have added the tags to the rockwell project, and if i run a simulation on my pc of the mer file it works perfect because the OPC server is running on my pc.

However when transferred to the actual terminal, it will not connect and display the data. I have already enabled the drivers on the terminal to support the kepserver but i cannot get it to run correctly. Do you have to download the OPC server onto the Panel View?

**NOTE** I am using the free trial of Kepware at the moment, but i would think i should be able to use most of the features.

Any help would be appreciated, i can also provide more information if needed.

When you say you "enabled the drivers on the terminal", how did you do that? To get the drivers onto the PVP, you need to flash the firmware and include the relevant kepware drivers in the flash process. Is that what you did?

When you say you "enabled the drivers on the terminal", how did you do that? To get the drivers onto the PVP, you need to flash the firmware and include the relevant kepware drivers in the flash process. Is that what you did?

It’s factory talk version 11 on the terminal, and I flashed this a few weeks ago but I did not include the drivers for Kepserver. All I have done is went into the control panel of the terminal, under servers, and enabled the driver for the Siemens connection.

If I need to flash again, where do you put the drivers to be incorporated in the flash? The last time I flashed a terminal it was just a .fup file and I used Rockwell’s wizard to do it. Do you attach it to the flash before starting? And where are they actually located to add the drivers?

The .fup file contains all the kepware drivers, and during the flash process you select which ones you want to include. You can flash it to the same firmware revision, just look out for the drivers section as you click through.