Beckhoff CP6606 communication

DigiWaste

Hi all,

I have a client who wants to connect a Beckhoff CP6606 to a SCADA-server on a BACnet/IP network.
In short, this CP6606 is controlling an automatic waste collecting system, and now the customer wants to have all alarms and so on sent up to this SCADA-system which acts as a central operation unit.
The PLC is connected to a EtherCAT coupler (EK1100) for comm. with I/O units.

I'll guess we can use the ethernet port on the CP6606, and since it do not support BACnet have to install this as an add-on to the existing program.
Which version of TwinCAT do we need?

Any comment on this will be appreciated.

Looking forward to hear from you

CP6606 supports BACnet, see link below:
https://www.beckhoff.com/en-us/products/i-o/overview-fieldbus-systems/bacnet/

Yes, you can use the ethernet port for BACnet and the other NIC port would be for EtherCAT. You probably need a usb wifi adapter for talking to your engineering PC though.

You definitely want to use TwinCAT 3. The rumor goes Beckhoff is coming out with BACnet library 14. Not sure when it will happen. Contact your local Beckhoff support. They will give you more accurate info.