Studio 5000 Source Protection.

HoldenC

I have a ACD file that I was sent with a SK.Dat.

However, I cant seem to find a way to install the Configure Source Protection options.

This particular file is on version 30. I dont have an install disk, or USB since I have the yearly subscription license, and just download from the web.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

It’s been a while since I’ve had to do this but I think... go to, tools/security/ configure source protection then you can add your file. If the configure source protection is not available from the security tab then you will have to install the source protection software first.

If you don’t have version 30 installed you will have to install that as well. I don’t know how the yearly subscription works but I would imagine you should be able to download it. Usually you would only be version restricted with a perpetual license.

I have several versions running on the computer. 30 is one of them. That tool isn't listed in my version of Studio however.

I re-ran the installation, however I dont see any option to add on that feature.

I cant seem to find it online either.

A little SWAG here but look in the folder that contains the studio 5000 V30 media and see if you can find a tools folder, look for the source protection and then see if there is an executable to install it.

Im not on my laptop today so i cant check for sure.

look for this executable

RS5KSrcPtc.exe

this will toggle the source protection feature on and off.

I know its in the RSLogix5000 ver 20 and before but not sure about studio.

Sorry, I meant that I could not locate the tools folder.

I even did a search for the exe that Jim3846 mentioned and came up with nothing.