FTV AlarmList gives The parameter is incorrect

arcobosy

Hello,

So I have a 1769-L16ER AB controller (firmware 32) connected to a PanelView Plus 7 Standard (firmware 12). When I change to a screen with an AlarmList object it gives me an error: The parameter is incorrect (see picture). After the error shows up the HMI freezes and I have to power cycle it. It took me a while but I finally found that the cause of the error AlarmList trying to display alarms that are active and unacknowledged. The error doesn't occur with other alarms (at least not that I am aware of).

Does anybody know the cause of this? If you need any more information from me just let me know.

The parameter is incorrect.jpg

For me the problem ended up being that the date and time in the PLC was not set correctly and everytime an alarm was triggered it caused that error.

Had this problem last week. I managed to solve it so I will post my experience in case it helps anybody else.

The problem is caused when the system clock gets corrupted as explained in knowledgebase note ID BF22810

Correcting the the date and deleting the log files sorted the problem but I was puzzled as to how the date was corrupted.

I had added a second HMI to an older system and it was running the same project as the existing HMI. everything seemed to be working fine then the next day I got the Alarm page lock-up.

I found that the project had been configured with global remote date tags to read the date and time from the PLC however the PLC had been changed at some point and the PLC clock had not been changed from default. The PLC had been programmed to set the HMI clock every night and consequently tried to set it to 1999! this doesn't seem to be a problem with older HMIs but the Panelview 7 Version 12 does not like that at all! any attempt to set the date prior to 2000 causes the date to be set to 2095 and this seems to fault the alarms function.

Hope this helps someone.