Siemens Tia Portal HMI Help

toddp65

Hi all.
I'm modifying a system that's created in Tia Portal ver 14.
I've changed the PLC program and added screens to the HMI sections. Regarding animation in particular 'appearance', I've included a capture of the tag (bool) of the setting and options. I've downloaded it but when the bit is true it doesn't turn green and when it's 0 it's just gray, not red.The animation is a pump from the library. It's supposed to be red when 0 and green when 1 but it stays default gray. When the piump is off it's default and when true it's still default. Am I missing something? Should this be a Dint instead of a bool although it's binary?

thx

I just tried it...it still doesn't recognize the pump state. It's still default gray. According to the program it should be red when it's 0 and you'd think 0 would be default so always red.

I have had the weirdest things happen on tia portal to text and graphic lists. To be fair this was alway to to with UDT's
But the only way i could get things fixed is always to unlink the object and redo the link with the plc tag. I wouldnt undo all the objects...thats way too much work.... Just delete the variable in use for the object in the hmi variables and link it again

Also have you tried deleting the object and just redoing it completely....Have also had a couple of those situations

And the more I look at it ......What objects properties are we looking at when the screenshot was taken? Certain objects cant just change colours. Please show the type of object as well

Ah ha! Thanks chud... I saw it. He's trying to use a Graphics View... that will never change the colours of the graphic!

I suggest you use a Symbol Library object, or if you really want to use a custom graphic, you have to make 2 versions of the graphic with different colours, and use a graphics list to alternate between them using the Symbolic I/O field.

Ah ha! Thanks chud... I saw it. He's trying to use a Graphics View... that will never change the colours of the graphic!

I suggest you use a Symbol Library object, or if you really want to use a custom graphic, you have to make 2 versions of the graphic with different colors, and use a graphics list to alternate between them using the Symbolic I/O field.

ok, I will try this. Use two different colors and use visibility and make one appear when the condition is met (red=stopped/Green=running and just have visibility 1 when running for the green version?

What do you intend that the color animation shall do with the Grapic View ?

For simple elements such as circles and squares etc. the appearance animation will change the foreground and background colors.
But a graphic view do not have foreground or background colors (or do they ??, not sure what happens to the transparent part for graphics objects with transparency).

Color animating simple status views, I use the basic elements such as circles, squares and text fields.
For more comples animations I use graphical I/O lists, and then the color animation is part of the individual graphical images in the list.

ok, I will try this. Use two different colors and use visibility and make one appear when the condition is met (red=stopped/Green=running and just have visibility 1 when running for the green version?
No, try Sigmadeltas suggestion with a graphic list.

The visibility animation should be the last possibility if it cant be done any other way.

I did the visibility animation with successful before i saw the last post. I'll check the other options but at least I know I have working one.